SCHOOL SUPPLIES 2019/20
In an effort to create equity across the District, the Board of Trustees passed a motion to allow schools to charge a fee to purchase school supplies on behalf of parents for their children attending grades Kindergarten to Grade 6.
Schools have the flexibility to charge up to $40.00 (to a maximum of $100 per family) for the purchase of consumable and non-consumable supplies. This is being done in order to:
- Provide basic supplies of consistent quality and quantity.
- Allow teachers to have some opportunity to individualize their classroom supply lists.
- Pass on the savings to you as the previous lists were vast and costly if all items were purchased.
- Save you time and effort from purchasing supplies.
- Benefit families as prices are minimized. The school will be purchasing some basic supplies that are not consumable and would remain with the teacher as a “class set.”
An itemized list of supplies that will be purchased on your behalf, will be provided on a fee payment sheet that will be available in September 2019. You can plan on paying $40.00 from Kindergarten to Grade 6. A letter explaining this information was also forwarded home with your child's report card in June.
Parents will be still be required to provide the following personalized (labelled with child's name) supplies:
- Back pack
- Water bottles
- Non-marking indoor shoes
- Change of clothes (early primary learners)
For more information, please contact the school.
Current until: Friday, September 27th, 2019
Posted: Friday, August 23rd, 2019