Tuesday, October 19th, 2021
To enhance student safety in transportation, effective November 2, 2021 bus passes will become mandatory for all students who ride the bus to and from school each day.
Students must scan their pass each time they enter onto or exit off the bus. In the event we have a missing child, the transportation department can look up the location where the student entered and exited the bus in real time. Bus Passes also provide the school with an accurate list of riders, should the bus be involved in an emergency
Every student who is currently registered for transportation should have a bus pass waiting at their school for pick up.
If your student had a bus pass last year, but does not have one this year
- Check with the school office, if the office does not have last year’s bus pass they will need to order it before Oct 22nd for replacement.
If your student is new to bussing and does not have a bus pass
- If you have registered for bussing, the office will have your pass. If you have not yet registered, follow this link to register for school transportation https://www.sd8.bc.ca/departments/operations/bus-registration
- This must be done prior to Oct 22nd to ensure student will have a bus pass in time.
Forgotten Bus Pass
Starting Nov. 2nd, if a student forgets their bus pass at home, the school will issue the student a bus pass exemption slip*, which will be given to the driver. Ensure this is done when you first get to school to avoid missing the bus in the afternoon if the office is busy! *The student may not board the bus in the afternoon without this slip.
Lost or Damaged Bus Pass
If a bus pass is lost, damaged, or no longer works (doesn’t scan on the bus);
- The student/parent reports to the school office that they have lost or damaged their pass. The office will request a new pass from the district transportation department.
- The school will issue the student a bus pass exemption slip for the lost pass, which will be given to the driver. Damaged cards may be held and presented to board. Ensure this is done when you first get to school to avoid missing the bus in the afternoon if the office is busy! *The student may not board the bus in the afternoon without either a pass or exemption slip.
- The student will be issued a new bus pass once it arrives at the school. A damaged or defective card must be surrendered to the office at this time.
Students will be charged $15 for each replacement pass after 3 bus pass replacements. Fees are submitted to the school office. Bus drivers will not accept the replacement fee.
For more information:
Lisa Phillips, Manager of Operations